When getting two or three estimates, sometimes the prices can vary so much, you don’t know which one to trust and sign a contract with. Let’s figure it out in the video below when comparing remodeling and painting bids:
Comparing Remodeling and Painting Bids
Which contractor should you sign a contract with? I always so, start with your gut and go with who you like and trust the most. But if the price is your only decision-making tool, then let’s go to the checklist. I will give you a checklist below of what you should look for when comparing estimates.
- Get a certificate of insurance (general liability & workman’s compensation)
- Have estimate state exactly the brand & grade of paint & other materials they will be using
- Is estimate specific in reference to site maintenance, disposal of extra materials, applications methods, and preparation of area before
- Compare how responsive each company was from the initial phone call to the estimate (good communication skills)
- Provide you a list of references
Give me a call if you need an estimate on any of your remodeling or painting projects. My team and I have been serving the Elmhurst, Plainfield, Naperville, Burr Ridge, Downers Grove, and all of Chicago area for 30+ years.
Related Videos or Blogs