You are anxious to sell your home. And sometimes your realtor tells you that you need to do a full-blown bathroom or kitchen remodeling project. But you don’t have to. Because you’ll never recoup the investment. Learn 5 tips to sell your home fast with great, affordable home improvement ideas in this video below. And if you want to check out some great curb appeal ideas video, check out my video for that too.
5 Tips to Sell Your Home Fast
Learn 5 interior upgrade methods to sell your home fast. Here’s the quick list so you can get going!
- Re-Paint High Traffic Areas – Re-paint your kitchen, entryway, hallways, bathrooms. Any place with tons of traffic.
- Replace Toilet – replace with the new comfort height toilets. And make sure you get them in white. Cheapest color to buy.
- Popcorn Ceilings – Get rid of the popcorn ceilings with asbestos. This will NEVER pass inspection.
- Update Laundry Room – get rid of your old, cheap utility tub. Get a new cabinet with granite remnant. And repaint this room. It will look amazing.
- Carpeting – replace the carpeting or get it super clean. You don’t have to install super expensive new carpeting but that ‘builder-type’ of carpeting will do the trick. Just something new, fresh, and clean.
Lotz of Logic
I am a huge advocate for getting your home looking great to resell it. But not one that supports what most realtors want you to do. And that would be to remodel your kitchen and bathrooms to sell your home (check out my video on should I remodel or sell my home). You will NEVER get the ROI on that. So that is why I am suggesting you do the 5 tips to sell your home fast listed above to get the best method to get your home ready to resell. And sell it fast!
Don’t forget, if you need an estimate on ways to sell your home fast, give me a call. My team and I have been serving the Hinsdale, Oak Brook, LaGrange, Darien, Western Springs, Burr Ridge, Hawthorn Woods, Lake Bluff, and all of Chicago area for 30+ years.