Why should you install carpeting vs hardwood flooring? Well, there are many reasons why, but let’s go through cost-effectiveness, noise-absorbing, and the fact that it is super comfortable to your feet. Check out my video below on the benefits of wall to wall carpeting:
Benefits of Wall to Wall Carpeting
There are several benefits of installing wall to wall carpeting. So let’s look at them briefly:
- Cost-Effective – carpeting is way cheaper than installing hardwood floors. And installation is much quicker than having hardwood flooring put in too.
- Noise Absorbing – Hardwood floors make your home echo. If you have kids or pets, you might want to consider installing carpeting. Carpeting absorbs quite a bit of noise.
- Comfortable – If you enjoy your feet feeling good after a long, hard day of work, then carpeting is your answer. It is easy on the feet and much warmer in the winter months to keep your toes and feet warmer.
- Takes a Beating – Hardwood flooring will show scratches and dents from the kids and dogs. Carpeting will show dirt, whereas hardwood flooring won’t. But carpeting can be cleaned, and if cleaned often, it will last longer than hardwood floors. Hardwood floors, over time, have to be re-sanded and refinished.
- Great for Children – Kids will eventually trip, fall, or take a tumble. Having carpeting is a much safer option, I believe than hardwood flooring when raising kids.
Another great benefit to carpeting is when you have comfortable carpeting on your staircase. You can either do full carpeting on your staircase or do carpet runners.
Lotz of Logic
I honestly love carpeting over the hardwood flooring. I love the look of hardwood floors better too. But I love the feel on my feet and how much they can hide the dirt (if you choose a darker color). I think when raising a family, carpeting is the way to go.
Don’t forget, if you need an estimate on carpeting installation, give me a call. I’d be happy to provide you with a price so you can enjoy the many benefits of wall to wall carpeting. So give me a call. My team and I have been serving Downers Grove, Oakbrook Terrace, Elmhurst, Lombard, Carol Stream, Westmont, Willowbrook, Woodridge, and all of the Chicago area for 30+ years.