Commercial Construction | Productivity Slow Down?
You’re asking yourself, “How can I keep the office, salon, or restaurant serving our customers without disrupting productivity or service while the place is being torn apart?” Commercial construction doesn’t have to slow your office down. After hours painting and remodeling is the key to a stress-free renovation.
You know your office, hair salon, doctor’s office, or restaurant needs an overhaul but is the stress and headache worth it? You’ve collected all the estimates, decided with a contractor you want to hire, and have it all scheduled on the calendar. That’s when you get the cold feet, possibly regretting the idea of a renovation. I get it. We all get cold feet when having to deal with something that typically is a hassle and takes us off our daily game. Let’s break down the many reasons it is worth it to work around the mess & contractors and continue to do this remodel project after all. Afterward, I’ll give you solutions to working around the mess.
Reasons to Renovate
- So why is it a great idea to renovate your business? Good for employee morale because they are excited for an upgrade in their surroundings and they feel you are investing in their future there.
- Customers get excited to see what the changes will be and know that you are investing in the fact you will be in business for the next 10-15 years. You gain their confidence to continue to work with you. Your customers actually feel they are spending their money with someone who is on the cutting edge.
- Your business will become more efficient because the remodeling will change up current, inefficient workflow, and any problem areas can be addressed and modified.
- Aesthetic appeal to both customers & employees is huge. Nobody wants to work 40+ hours a week in a drab, ugly, inefficient office. And if your employees don’t want to work in that environment, then surely your customers are getting the same, instant negative impression when they walk in your front doors.
- Don’t underestimate how much your employees and customers rate your restrooms. I know you can admit it that you’ve been to a restaurant and come out from using the restroom and either say one of two things, “Their bathrooms are disgusting!” or “Have you been in their bathrooms yet? You’ve got to check them out!” Which one do you want your customers saying?
- Improving the reception area is a must because it is the first impression one gets when arriving at your restaurant or doctor’s office.
- Renovate the break rooms for your employees. It’s a proven fact that when you make an employees’ break room relaxing and beautiful, they know you did that all for them. Does your current office have an environment that sends them back to work rejuvenated?
After Hours Painting: How Do You Go About Working Around the Contractors?
Some options could be:
- Let the contractors work around you. This is manageable but not perfect due to the noise, smell, and dust;
- Shut down the company for the week or two of renovations. This typically not a good option because of the loss of revenue during the close-down; or
- Hire a company that offers night construction.
Few companies offer after hours painting & remodeling, but they are worth hunting down. They have crews already set up that are used to the night shift working and don’t mind it. It literally could be your best option too because they don’t have to work around employees either. It’s a win-win for everyone when choosing commercial construction at your office.
My company offers night painting & remodeling with a program we have called Nite Owls™. Let my team come in day or night, to paint or remodel your offices, restaurants, doctor offices, etc. We work nights, so you can experience a beautiful environment for your customers, employees, or clients during the day.
If you enjoyed this post click here for my post on Importance of Exterior Commercial Building Maintenance. You want the exterior of your business to look just as good as the interior.
Don’t forget, if you need an estimate on your commercial construction, give me a call. My team and I would love to be of service to the Northwest Indiana communities such as St John, Long Beach, Beverly Shores, Lake of the Four Seasons, Schererville, Kreitzburg, Michigan City, Grand Beach, and New Buffalo, and all of Chicago area for 30+ years.