Are you planning on selling your home? Or just have neglected the front area of your house a bit? I’ll give you 9 curb appeal ideas on how to add curb appeal to your home. It’s somewhat of a way to stage the front of your home. Watch the VIDEO below from my YouTube channel:
Exterior Change to Promote Curb Appeal
Just a few exterior projects can really give a boost to your curb appeal and or help you sell your home fast. Let’s go over a few:
- Power Washing – give your home a good bath to clean up any over-grown algae, mildew or mold growing on the siding. This will prevent future problems and make your home squeaky clean.
- Shutters – either paint the existing shutters, replace old shutters with new ones – raised panel shutters are a great addition.
- Accent Colors – add some accent color to the wood posts, handrails, spindles, or front door. If you’ve installed shutters, then include them in the accent color scheme.
It is also important to take your roof shingle color into consideration. Make sure it goes well with the rest of the colors on your home.
Curb Appeal Ideas on Your Front Yard:
Besides the ones I mentioned above, some things you can change up apply to the front yard area. Check it out:
- Driveway – if you have an asphalt driveway, get it sealed up. If you have a concrete driveway, have it power washed and resealed.
- Mailboxes – Change out your mailbox completely. What an amazing addition to your front yard curb appeal than changing up the mailbox – it’s right next to the curb! Don’t want or need to buy a new mailbox, then have the current one cleaned and stained instead. And plant some perennials around the mailbox too.
- House Numbers – Have some elegant, but large new house numbers installed over the garage area. Some fancy ones exist now that even have your street number and name. Many can be lit up behind, so it adds some ambiance at night time.
- Lights – Cleaning or installing exterior lights will make your home really pop in the evening time. Bugs form endless cobwebs and make the lights less bright at night. If your outdoor lights are over 10 years old, I’d highly recommend replacing them with more modern lighting. Maybe even install solar-lit pathway lights leading up to your front door.
- Front Porch – Updating your front porch is also a great way to add curb appeal to the front of your home.
Related Videos and Blogs
Final recap – Whatever needs to have a little tender loving care done on your home’s exterior – don’t get freaked out with a huge honey-do list. Just decide to do a few of these items each weekend. Over 2-3 months, you could have the whole list completed. And if you’re not selling this year, then do some this summer and some next summer. Don’t kill yourself – just start to implement some of these curb appeal ideas.
Don’t forget, if you need an estimate on your home’s exterior projects, give me a call. My team and I have been serving the Plainfield, Naperville, Lisle, Shorewood, Joliet, Oswego, Yorkville, and all of Chicago area for 30+ years.